The Napanee District Secondary School Hawk Hall of Achievement was founded in 2002 to promote pride in N.D.S.S. and to honour distinguished alumni with outstanding accomplishments. It is expected that individuals nominated to the Hall of Achievement will have shown excellence and achievement in a wide range of human endeavours such as: athletics, academics, the arts, business, education, humanitarian pursuits or service to school/community.
The mission of The N.D.S.S. Hawk Hall of Achievement Award is to honour and give formal recognition to alumni of N.D.S.S. who have made significant and enduring contributions. The aim is to nurture existing interest and generate renewed interest in the achievements of school alumni, promote and maintain the school's positive image in the community, enhance school spirit and encourage current students with these successes.
Criteria for Admission
Must have graduated from, or attended N.D.S.S. for 2 years.
Will have left at least 10 years prior to nomination, or achieved national or international status.
Will have sustained a high level of excellence over a period of time.
Will have been nominated by a member of the community, parent, educator, relative, students or member of the Hall of Achievement Committee.
Will have accepted nomination, if living.
Will have been selected by the Hall of Achievement Committee.
Process to be used to nominate a potential candidate for admission into The N.D.S.S. Hawk Hall of Achievement:
1. The nominator must fully complete a nomination form. Included with the nomination must be relevant data, including letters of support, press clippings, reviews of work and other testimonials of the value of the person's achievements (maximum of 10 pages would be recommended).
2. All information must be presented to the Hall of Achievement Committee by April of each year.
1. The Hall of Achievement Committee will review all nominations of the candidates each year.
2. After careful consideration of all the information provided and other information that may have been researched, the Committee will make the final decision on the individual's merit.
3. It is expected that there may be no more than two inductees each year, however, in the initial year (May, 2003) the committee reserves the right to expand on this number if it so desires. Individuals who are not accepted in one year may have their nomination referred on to the following year for consideration.
4. The decisions made by the Hall of Achievement Committee will be deemed final.
Nomination forms are available from the office of Napanee District Secondary School or they may be printed from the Web. The deadline for nominations is April 30th of each year.